Friday, December 9, 2011

Maple Flavored Cocoa


Maple syrup is a pretty versatile item. It can be used in candies, on pancakes and waffles obviously, some people use it to glaze meats during the holidays. I've seen maple used in cake frostings with bacon, and even as a latte, but I cant say that I have ever had a maple hot chocolate!! This could be a fun breakfast cocoa to drink alongside some bacon and eggs, it doesn't taste very dessert-y to me, but thats just my opinion. Try it and see how you like it.
I personally prefer using dark chocolate with this recipe because maple syrup on its own is already very very sweet, so using a dark and rich chocolate without too much added sweetness it a perfect compliment to the syrup.


Maple Cocoa
Makes 1-2 Cups

Maple Syrup: 1.5 oz
Milk: 1.5 oz
Chocolate: 1.5 oz
Hot water: as needed

1. Combine maple syrup and milk together in a sauce pan and heat. DO NOT BOIL, just heat.
2. Pour the hot maple milk over the chocolate and stir
3. Top with hot water [or milk]
4. Enjoy!
maple milk....yummm

Maple Hot Cocoa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...